Thursday, January 1, 2009

Alter Eagle + Skeletal Lamping vs. Hissing Fauna



of Montreal's single "Id Engager" is selling with an additional song entitled "Alter Eagle."

This song should have have been on the album.

I cannot stop listening to it.

I would have liked to have seen an outstanding 16 song album.

A sidenote,

of Montreal is playing one single date in Southern California on a second leg of their Skeletal Lamping tour.

I would like to go, but I am not sure if I can make it.

Plus, I already saw them on the first leg, so it does not matter.

of Montreal is brilliant.

I think that Skeletal Lamping is better than Hissing Fauna.

Get mad if you want.

The lyrics are more meaningful.

If "The Past Is A Grotesque Animal" had been on Skeletal Lamping,

I would know for sure.

That song has incredible lyrics.

The whole song does not fit the Lamping style though.

Oh well.

I stand on my word.

Lamping over Hissing Fauna.

Opinions?

Listen to both albums a few times before making a decision.

Let me know.

That is all.

2 comments:

avantnoise said...

The Past Is A Grotesque Animal is one of the most powerful songs I've heard. Everything about it is amazing. To me, the lyrics are mind-blowing and absolutely powerful, for lack of a better word. It is a culmination of many things, and it transforms into various meanings. It may very well be one of my favorite songs both lyrically and musically of all time. It's definitely high on the list.

avantnoise said...

It's a bit of a hard decision to make. I think right now, I like Skeletal Lamping better, but at the same time, both albums are constructed in such a unique and wonderful way. They are two separate entities.

So, I suppose my answer right now is Skeletal Lamping. However, I think I'm going to have to go home tonight and listen to both albums again and compare.