Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Review - Monsters of Folk "Monsters of Folk"



When I first heard about Monsters of Folk, I'm not going to lie, I was pretty excited. Jim James? M. Ward? What could go wrong? Apparently, everything.

Mr. Oberst and the rest of the "supergroup" have managed to produce the most disappointing album of the year.

The first track, which fails to be folk at all, sounds like a childish version of something My Morning Jacket would write. Only, My Morning Jacket is good.

I'm not going to be a complete downer. There were one or two songs on the disc that impressed me. Other than that, I am completely saddened by the work that such great musicians have created.

I was expecting fabulous guitar solos and beautiful harmonies. What I got was lack luster at best.

3/10.

That is all.

No comments: