Saturday, October 31, 2009

Review - Surfer Blood "Astro Coast"



The musicianship of the artists signed to Kanine Records has always been above expected levels. From Grizzly Bear, to Princeton, they have many exceptional artists featured on their label.

Now here is Surfer Blood.

I have heard one or two mentions of the name on various music sites and blogs, but I never really checked them out.

I came across the news of their album release, so I took a listen.

What I heard was something I have been waiting for.

They combine elements from many different genres. They take Beach Boys, Fool's Gold, The Kinks, and others and mix them to perfection.

They maintain a fun surfy landscape, but they add this edge that is indescribable. It is a very addicting sound.

Not only that, but there is not one disappointing track featured on the record.

"Take It Easy" is my favorite on the record. However, like I said, I could not find a song I did not enjoy on this record.

It releases January 19th, 2010.

It will most likely be in the top of the year.

10/10.

That is all.

No comments: