Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Live - Vampire Weekend @ Lake Elsinore McVicker Skatepark 11/13/09



When I first heard "Free Vampire Weekend Show" I thought seas of indies and long lines.

Then I got to the show.

One hour before the band played at Lake Elsinore's McVicker Skatepark, I was first in line.

This show could not be described with any word but surreal.

Hanging around with Ezra Koenig and Rostam Batmanglij before the show was unreal.

The doors opened, and as you can tell by my photograph, we were as close to the band as you could get.

The band sounded superb.

They played nearly everything from the first record, as well as half of the new one.

The new songs sound incredible live. It gave me new respect for the recorded versions.

They brought all they could bring to the skatepark, and the crowds loved it.

Setlist:
White Sky
Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa
I Stand Corrected
M79
Cousins
California English
One (Blake's Got A New Face)
A-Punk
Run
Campus
Oxford Comma

Encore:
Mansard Roof
Horchata
Walcott

The band's second studio album "Contra" is due out January 12th.

You can download the single "Horchata" from their website www.vampireweekend.com

Their new single "Cousins" can be downloaded on iTunes.

They are due back in California after the release.

Also, when I spoke to Ezra, he gave us the hint that they will be performing at the 2010 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.

So excited.

That is all.

No comments: